The massive drawback of using QuickBooks Desktop is its vulnerability to errors and technical glitches. One such error is QuickBooks error 1722, which many users have recently reported while trying to install QuickBooks Desktop on their Windows. An error text suddenly appears on the computer screen stating, “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as the part of the setup did not finished as expected.” Seeing the tricky nature of such QuickBooks installation errors, we have decided to discuss with you why QuickBooks error code 1722 occurs in the first place and how to get over it with safety.
Are you looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get over QuickBooks error 1722? If yes, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks professionals at (855)-856-0042.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 1722?
Generally, QuickBooks error code 1722 gets triggered when there is some issue with the installation files of QuickBooks, such as damage or corruption. However, there can be other reasons too behind its occurrence, like:
- Outdated Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Microsoft .Net Framework has been damaged.
How to resolve QuickBooks error 1722 with safety?
Method 1) Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic to fix QuickBooks corrupted installation
- Get the present-day version (188.8.131.52) of QuickBooks Tool Hub on the Windows Desktop.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file (downloaded one) and go through the on-screen steps to finish its installation.
- Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button.
- After QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool completes repairing QuickBooks installation files, restart your computer.
- Try to install QuickBooks Desktop and see whether you get any QuickBooks installation errors this time.
Method 2) Download the install the most recent Microsoft Windows updates
- Click on the Windows Start icon.
- Enter “Settings” into the search bar and open Settings.
- Click on the Update & Security option.
- Select the Windows Update option.
- Click on the Check for Updates button.
- If there are any Windows updates available, select the Update Now button.
- Then, restart your computer.
- Once the windows installing update is complete, Then you can try again to reinstall QB.
Method 3) Install the Microsoft .Net Framework again
- Open the Run command window.
- Enter “Appwiz.cpl” into the search and select OK.
- On the Programs and Features window, pick Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Select the Uninstall/Change option and follow the on-screen steps to uninstall .Net Framework.
- Restart the computer.
- Reopen the Program and Features window, and select Add/Remove Windows Features from the left pane.
- Select Microsoft .Net Framework from the list of programs.
- Confirm that the first two checkboxes are selected and then click on OK.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to conclude uninstalling the MS framework application.
- Get the latest version of Microsoft .Net Framework 4.8.
- Restart the computer and try to install QuickBooks Desktop again.
If you face QuickBooks error 1722 even after following the troubleshooting methods discussed above in the post, then our recommendation for you is to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop in the Selective startup mode of Windows. For furthermore troubleshooting assistance to resolve QuickBooks error code 1722, You can feel free to contact our QuickBooks professionals at (855)-856-0042.