In the modern digital world, printers are an essential piece of equipment everyone needs. Canon is one of the renowned printer brands that provide the best quality printing devices. However, at the end of the day, the printer is a technical device and like all such devices is prone to various glitches. Canon printer in error state is a common issue that many people are unable to troubleshoot. If you face the same problem, know that help is at hand. There are lots of techniques you can try to fix it. In this article, you’ll learn about the root causes of this error and how you can resolve it.
Reasons Behind Canon Printer in Error State Issue
Although it’s challenging to pinpoint a specific cause behind this issue, there are still some primary causes that often lead to it. They include the following.
- USB wires or cables aren’t correctly connected.
- Improper installation of printer drivers.
- Your printer is not set as the default printer.
- A BIOSS problem is there.
- Incompatible drivers or software.
- Connectivity problem
Techniques to use for Resolving Canon Printer in Error State Problem
There are many Canon printer troubleshooting techniques you can follow. These resolutions will come in handy whenever you encounter this problem.
Make changes in port settings.
- One of the first ways to bring your Canon printer out of the error state is to make port setting changes. To make these changes, adhere to the process listed below.
- On your keyboard, press Windows keys and R simultaneously.
- You will find the ‘Run’ box opening.
- After that enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the ‘Run’ box. Then, press the ‘Enter’ button. You’ll find the ‘Device Manager’ opening.
- Click ‘View’ present in the top menu and then choose ‘Show hidden devices.’
- Next, right-tap ‘Ports (COM & LPT).’ Now select ‘Properties.’
- In the window of ‘Properties’ launch the ‘Port Settings’ tab.
- Next, choose ‘Use any interrupt assigned to the port.’
- Now check the box beside ‘Enable legacy Plug and Play detection.’
- Tap ‘OK.’
- Lastly, reboot your system and find out if this problem has gone.
See that the Canon printer is online.
An offline Canon printer often results in the Canon printer in an error state issue. An effective resolution is to check your printer status and enable it. You can follow these steps for doing so.
- On your Windows system, launch the ‘Control Panel.’
- Choose ‘Devices and Printers,’ and from here, choose ‘Printer.’
- If you notice an offline status, right-tap on it and choose ‘Use Printer Online.’
- When your printer is able to come online, it will display a Ready message on the screen.
Reinstall your Canon printer drivers
Incorrect or incomplete installation of printer drivers is a significant cause of the error state problem in Canon printers. Printer drivers play an essential role in printing tasks. If something’s amiss with them, it’ll inevitably result in your Canon printer is in an error state. Fortunately, you can resolve this issue quickly. The Canon printer troubleshooting for faulty driver installation is to reinstall the drivers by first removing them.
- To remove printer drivers, launch the ‘Search box.’
- In the box, input ‘Printer & Scanners.’
- Next, navigate to ‘Printer & Scanner.’
- You’ll find a set of linked printing devices. From here, choose your preferred printer or the one you desire to remove.
- After that, tap ‘Remove Device.’ Follow it by clicking ‘Yes.’
- To reinstall printer drivers, navigate to the official Canon printer website.
- Find your Canon printer drivers and software on the site.
- Tap the button of ‘Download.’
- Install the software file. For it, you should open the downloaded file and read and implement the instructions on your screen.
- When the installation process ends, tap ‘Finish.’
- In the end, restart the printing device. Your issue would have been resolved.
Update printer drivers
Obsolete printer drivers are another reason for Canon printer in an error state issue. To update your printer drivers, follow these points.
- Hold down the Windows key and hit ‘R’ to launch the Device Manager.
- In the dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc.’
- Locate your printer under the print queues.
- Right-tap on the listed Canon printer. On the menu, tap ‘Update driver.’
- Tap ‘Search Automatically.’
- Lastly, start your system again.
Configure the printer spooler service as automatic
Setting the printer spooler service as automatic can also help fix this issue. Follow the process given below to set the spooler service as automatic.
- Launch the ‘Run’ box.
- In the box, type ‘services.msc.’ Then hit ‘Enter.’
- Locate the ‘Print spooler service in the right-hand side pane. Check that it is set to ‘Start.’
- Right-tap ‘Print spooler.’ Follow it by selecting ‘Properties.’
- Navigate to the ‘General’ tab. Once there, set the ‘Startup Type’ to ‘Automatic.’
- Tap ‘Apply’ followed by ‘OK.’
- Exit the ‘Services’ window.
- In the end, start your PC again and find if the Canon printer is still in an error state.
Update the Windows
Many people find the error state problem in Canon printer not resolving even after updating their software and drivers and setting the print spooler service as ‘Automatic.’ In such a case, a simple way to resolve it is by updating the Windows. Follow these points for it.
- Press ‘Start’ and launch ‘Settings.’
- Hit ‘Update & Security.’
- Now select ‘Windows update.’ After that, tap ‘Check for updates.’
- Your Windows will begin looking for updates automatically. If there are any updates, the Windows will update. You just need to wait till the process completes.
- Restart your system.
These were some powerful Canon Printer troubleshooting fixes you can try whenever you find your printer in an error state. They are easy to follow and won’t take much time to yield you the desired results. But if the error state problem persists, it’s best to connect with Canon printer customer help services. The technical experts are there to resolve all your printer queries 24/7.
Also Read: How to Write an Effective Ecommerce Content?