Developed by the Intuit software company back in the 1980s, QuickBooks Desktop is employed by thousands of enterprises to manage their income and expenses and keep watch on the overall financial well-being. However, despite QuickBooks having all the defense mechanisms to provide users with flawless functioning, using it is not free from errors and technical glitches. QuickBooks error 80070057 is among the most common errors that many users face while trying to access their company files in QuickBooks Desktop. An error description might pop up on the computer screen stating, “The parameter is incorrect.” With the help of this post, we are going to discuss with you the reasons that can be behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 80070057 and all their possible troubleshooting solutions.
Want to overcome QuickBooks error 80070057 instantly? If yes, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks support team at 1-855-856-0042.
What are the reasons that lead to QuickBooks error code 80070057?
QuickBooks error code 80070057 usually gets triggered when users try to open their company files in the outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop. Nonetheless, there are other reasons too that can lead to it, such as:
- The company is saved at the default location, due to which QuickBooks Desktop is failing to locate it.
What should do to rectify QuickBooks error 80070057?
Solution 1) Manually update your QuickBooks Desktop to its recent release
- Hit the Windows Start icon.
- Type the “QuickBooks Desktop” into the search box and then right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Click on the Run as administrator option.
- While on the No Company Open window, move to the Help menu.
- Pick the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down menu.
- Move on to the Update Now tab and then make sure that the Reset Update checkbox is selected.
- Click on the Get Updates button to start downloading QuickBooks updates.
- After downloading the QuickBooks updates, relaunch QuickBooks Desktop.
- When prompted, select the Yes option to install the downloaded QuickBooks updates.
Solution 2) Manually open your company files in QuickBooks from the default location
- Close all the windows of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the location where your company file is store.
- Right-click on the company file (.QBW) and select the Copy option.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows and E keys to open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the path, “C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files.”
- Right-click an empty space and select the Paste option.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop and then click on the Find a company file option.
- Select the Local Drives option and find your company file title.
- Click on the correct company file and then select the Open option.
If you get QuickBooks error 80070057 even after following the troubleshooting solutions that we have discussed in the post, then the Network Data configuration file (necessary for QuickBooks Desktop to open the company file) might have been corrupted. Hence, our advice for you is to rename the Network Data configuration file and then try to open your company files. For additional troubleshooting assistance to overcome QuickBooks error code 80070057, please contact our QuickBooks support team at 1-855-856-0042.