Why You Should Go For Virgin Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil has extended its health benefits in its virgin coconut oil form. Since it has versatile uses, from food to skincare to hair care, many people praise virgin coconut oil’s benefits. However, most people are confounded between regular and virgin coconut oil. So, let us clear the difference between them before heading towards its benefits.
Virgin coconut oil is extracted from fresh milk of the coconut, whereas regular one is derived from refined copra. Thus, virgin one has more natural nutrients, such as vitamin E, bioactive compounds, antioxidants, etc., than regular one. Moreover, the cold-pressed extraction method and no chemical addition in virgin oil make it a raw and unrefined version to bring more benefits. So, if you find an extra virgin and cold-pressed coconut oil at a nearby departmental store, buy it immediately to add it to your health routine.
Let us tell you the best virgin coconut oil benefits that propel us to call it the magical butter.
Virgin coconut oil benefits
· An abundant source of antioxidants:
Virgin coconut oil is a rich source of antioxidants that help protect body cells from free radical damages. The oxidative stresses not only cause premature aging but can trigger degenerative diseases. When you consume this oil regularly, it will promote the natural capability to defy oxidative stresses. The available antioxidants in 100% organic coconut oil include flavonoids, polyphenols, tocotrienols, phytosterols, and more. Remember, virgin oil has a lower smoke point, so it is not safe to use organic coconut oil for cooking. However, you can use it in salad dressing or consume it by mouth. r
· Promote Weight loss:
Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are abundantly available in this virgin oil with versatile potential benefits. One of them is boosting fat-burning property that promotes healthy weight loss. But, if you consume it in a large amount, it may cause you to gain weight. The attractive property of MCTS is appetite suppressants because research shows that they help reduce hunger by producing ketones. Ketones suppress the hunger-inducing hormones naturally to make you feel fuller for a longer time.
· Support brain function:
Some research tells that taking virgin coconut oil helps improve cognitive function. The nutrient behind this benefit is ketones that provide energy to brain cells to boost the brainpower. Therefore, some neurologists also recommend adding this oil to your diet to reduce the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. If you already have Alzheimer’s disease, it will help reduce the chance of dementia. You can also add it to children’s diet to sharpen their brainpower and cognitive capabilities.
· Increases HDL Cholesterol Level:
According to research, consuming 100% original and pure coconut oil in recommended dosage can raise HDL cholesterol levels. Since our heart needs good cholesterol to remain working and healthy, this virgin oil helps reduce the risk of several heart diseases. It may prevent heart stroke, angina, heart attack, and Abnormal heart rhythms. It does not only increase HDL cholesterol, but it also reduces the level of bad (LDL) cholesterol and high triglyceride. Thus, heart patients should add this organic oil to their diet to promote healthy heart health.
· Boost energy:
Coconut oil provides an abundant source of energy via its high MCTs amount. Unlike Long-chain Triglycerides, MCTs go directly to the liver to supply a rapid energy source. The provided fuel is the same as carbs provided, so our body prefers it the most. Therefore, athletes also consider using this organic oil to gain maximum energy for better performance.
Virgin coconut oil benefits for hair:
Virgin coconut oil for hair brings many benefits, from hair nourishment to hair conditioning. Traditionally, our mothers and grandmothers use coconut oil as hair oil for long, healthy, and strong hair. Research and high nutrient count have made them correct because this oil can do wonders to your hair with its nutritional properties. Some benefits are as under:
- It protects the weak hair strand from heat, sun, and radical damages by strengthening the natural protective layer. So, it offers protection against hair breakage, hair damages, split ends, and hair dryness.
- The cold-pressed coconut oil contains a sufficient amount of hair health-promoting nutrients, such as vitamin E, antioxidants, etc. So it helps strengthen hair follicles while promoting natural hair growth.
- It protects hair against graying due to outside damages and lack of nutrients.
- It delivers subtle moisture to hair and scalp to prevent dry and rough hair in low humidity weather. It will also result in manageable and frizz-free hair naturally.
- Its antibacterial properties help prevent lice and eggs by discouraging their attachment to the hair strand.
- The high amount of fatty acids, vitamin E, and vitamin K helps treat and reduce dandruff while nourishing the scalp.
Virgin Coconut Oil Benefits for Skin:
Nowadays, most women prefer organic skin care products because they work the best without causing side effects. What if we say you can use the best virgin coconut oil for the skin as a skin moisturizer, makeup remover, cleanser, body balm, lip balm, etc. Yes! It has versatile uses for skin because it offers amazing benefits to skins. Some of them are as under:
- It is the rich emollient helping restore the moisture layer of the skin. If you have dry skin, you can use it as a body balm or moisturizer for supple hydration.
- It can melt makeup magically without leaving any residue behind on the face.
- If you have eczema or psoriasis, coconut oil can rescue you by strengthening the protective moisture layer. It also soothes irritated, red, and itchy skin to make you feel good with these flare-up skin conditions.
- You can use it as shaving cream because its rich emollient texture helps prevent cuts and nick during shaving.
- It is the perfect choice for a massage. It lubricates the skin to make you perform soothing and relaxing massages.
How to take Virgin Coconut Oil:
The safe virgin coconut oil dosage is 1 to 2 teaspoon virgin oil once a day to avoid virgin coconut oil side effects. You can add this recommended dosage to your salad, warm milk, popcorns, or baking foods. If you do not like taking it intact, you can go for Virgin coconut oil capsules that you can find at authentic online stores.