Facing QuickBooks Payroll Account Update Error 40001? Here’s What To Do
Among the most common QuickBooks errors comes QuickBooks Payroll Account Update error 40001, which several users often face when trying to run the payroll service in QuickBooks Desktop. A user might notice an error text on the computer screen reading, “Something’s not right. We’re unable to complete your request at the moment.” Through this post, we are going to discuss with you the factors that usually lead to the occurrence of QuickBooks Payroll Account Update error code 40001, along with all their possible troubleshooting fixes.
Want to get over QuickBooks Payroll Account Update error 40001 instantly but unwilling to go through the error-solving procedure? If yes, please contact our QuickBooks experts at (855)-856-0042.
Related article to read — QuickBooks error 15270
What causes QuickBooks Payroll Account Update error code 40001?
Generally, QuickBooks Payroll Account Update error code 40001 occurs when QuickBooks Desktop lacks sufficient Windows permissions to download the payroll tax table updates. Though, there can be several other reasons too behind it, such as:
- Corruption in the QuickBooks company file (.QBW).
- The program files of QuickBooks are damaged.
What are the ways to fix QuickBooks Payroll Account Update error 40001?
Solution 1) Launch QuickBooks Desktop using the Windows Admin account
- Select the Windows Start icon.
- Type “QuickBooks Desktop” in the search box.
- Right-click the icon of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
- Inside QuickBooks Desktop, try to work with the payroll service and see whether you get any QuickBooks errors this time.
Solution 2) Repair the corrupted QuickBooks company file
To repair the integrity issue from the company File You need to Run QuickBooks verify and Rebuild Data utility and The steps are mention below as:
- Exit all the open programs on your computer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and move to the File menu.
- Click on the Utilities option.
- Select the Verify Data button and wait until the diagnosis of your company file is finished.
- If you notice the message “Your data has lost integrity,” proceed further.
Note: In case you see the message “QuickBooks detected no problems with your data,” jump directly to the third solution.
- Select the File menu and then the Utilities option again.
- Click on the Rebuild Data option.
- Select the OK button when QuickBooks asks you to backup your company file.
- When you see the message “Rebuild has completed,” select the OK button.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to work with the payroll service.
Solution 3) Repair the QuickBooks program files
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and move to the Program Problems tab.
- Choose the Quick Fix my Program option to run the tool.
- After that, open QuickBooks Desktop and try to run the payroll service.
If you are unable to fix QuickBooks Payroll Account Update error 40001 even after implementing all the three aforementioned troubleshooting solutions, then the QuickBooks Desktop installation might have been severely corrupted. Therefore, our advice for you is to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop in Windows Safe mode and then try to work with the payroll service. You can also ask for furthermore troubleshooting help resolving QuickBooks Payroll Account Update error code 40001 from our QuickBooks experts at (855)-856-0042.