In this article, we will know what is QuickBooks error 3371, why does it occur, and what are the solutions to troubleshoot the error code instantly. Read the article, till the end to know everything about the QuickBooks error code 3371.
Why do we face QuickBooks Error 3371?
Read the following to know, what are the reasons for this 3371 error code.
- Damaged or Missing QB registration.dat file
- Damaged MSXML component
- Using Outdated Windows Operating System
- Antivirus or third-party system cleaner applications
- Importing file before saving
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371
Here are some of the working solutions to solve the QuickBooks error 3371.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the most recent version (22.214.171.124) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: If you’ve installed Tool Hub before, you can find out which version you have. Select the Home tab. The version will be on the bottom.
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Installation Issues.
- Select 3371 Error Fix.
- Select OK.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
Solution 2: Run Clean Installation
Follow the procedure to perform a clean installation:
- You will have to install the latest windows update.
- And then hit a click on All Programs tab and then Windows update options.
- The next step is to finish the upgrades of all the windows updates and get ready to set up QuickBooks software.
- Now recreate the damaged entitlementdatastore.ecml file and then solve the license and fix registration issues.
- The last step is to hit a click on reinstall and carry out a clean installation.
Solution 3: Update Windows Operating System
Sometimes you ignore to update your Windows OS, which is necessary for QuickBooks to run;
- Initially, hit a click on the Windows tab and then hit the check for updates tab.
- Followed by reinstalling the QuickBooks desktop.
- Also, update QuickBooks Desktop again.
Solution 4: Change the Entitlement Filename
You can follow the procedure to change the entitlement file name. Here we have given different procedures for different Windows versions, you can follow the procedure according to your need.
Windows XP users:
IF you are a Windows XP then you can follow the below procedure to change the entitlement name;
- The windows XP users will have to initially click on the Start tab and then select the Run box.
- After that, enter the path to spot the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2″.
- Once done with that, you will have to hit the OK button.
- And then rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Windows 7, 8:
IF you are a Windows 7, 8 then you can follow the below procedure to change the entitlement name;
- The Windows 7 users are supposed to move to the C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- And then rename the Entitlement file.
- Followed by opening QuickBooks and automatically creating a new file for you.
- The next step in the process is to carry out a few more steps to unhide the program data folder.
- Follow the path Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder > Search options.
- And then hit the Hidden files and folders option.
- After that, open QuickBooks and check if the error occurred.
IF you are a Windows 10 then you can follow the below procedure to change the entitlement name;
- Firstly, hit a right-click on the Start tab, then choose the Control Panel option.
- After that go to Appearance and Personalization and choose File Explorer Options.
- Next, hit a click on the View tab.
- Now scroll down a bit and alter the Hidden files and folders setting to Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- You may optionally uncheck the Hide protected operating system files box as well.
- Once the all steps are properly done hit a click on Apply and then the OK button.
Hopefully, you like the article. Still, if you have any doubt then you can hire a QuickBooks consultant for an instant and valuable response. They will help you to solve every query regarding this topic, and also will guide you to manage your business in the right direction.