Printer users frequently face Printer showing Offline problems on their devices. If you’re struggling with the same issue keep reading this article. In this article, we’ll discuss the causes of the printer offline issue and troubleshooting solutions for the printer that is offline. to fix it.
Why is my printer showing as Offline?
Normally in the event that the printer and computer are not able to establish an uninterrupted connection, it displays that the Printer is showing an offline error. There are a few reasons the reason why my printer is showing as Offline.
- The inability to respond or slow connection between the both the computer and printer.
- USB cable damaged USB cable.
- Print jobs that are not completed in the queue for printing.
- Driver software for the printer is outdated.
- Internal printer issues like paper jams or a blocked head of print.
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting procedure described here, the user should turn off their devices the following manner.
- Shut off your printer.
- Take your Main Power cable from the switch.
- Shut off the computer.
- You should wait for a few moments (Minimum of 10 mins).
- Connect your computer.
- Turn on your printer.
Print could be unable to work due to overloading or overheating. In such cases this method is effective and solves the issue of What is my printer showing as offline.
The printer is offline in Windows 10:
The owners of this Windows 10 device can use the steps below to resolve the issue. My Printer is not online issue in Windows 10.
If you’re using a printer that is network-connected and you are trying to connect it via wifi, then make sure that the printer and computer are on identical wireless networks. Traditional printer users must verify that all cables are connected correctly or not.
- Set the HTML0 printer Online (from the settings menu and the device Manager):
Users can follow these instructions to manually set up printers to be online on Windows 10 via Settings.
- Click Start and launch the Settings Application.
- Select Devices> Printers and Scanners.
- On the right Side of your screen select the printer you want to print.
- Click on the button to open queue.
Select the Printer tab, and then deactivate the option to use the Printer Offline from the drop-down menu.
Alternately, users can make the printer online manually by using Device Manager by following the steps in the following.
- Start by selecting the Device Manager option from the menu Win.
- Select the Action tab.
- Choose to choose the Devices option and Printers option.
- Click on the printer name that is causing the issue. Windows for Printers Offline 10 Solution.
- Select the See the Printing option from the menu context.
Select the printer tab , and then remove the checkmark prior to the option to use offline printer.
Start it with the Windows Printer Troubleshooter:
Users can use the built-in Printer troubleshooting feature of Windows 10. Users can follow these steps to run Windows ‘ built-in troubleshoot. Click Start and then open Settings.
Select the Devices tab and then Troubleshoot.
In the right pane select the Printer, then press the Run troubleshooter button. It also offers suggestions on how to correct the issue. Printer not showing offline issues .
Users should apply all solutions by following the instructions on screen.
The Printer Spooler must be restarted. Service:
Users can follow these steps to restart your Printer Spooler service.
- Use the Windows+ R keys from your keyboard to open into the Run box.
- Enter services. MSc into the text box and press the Enter button.
- In the window for services Look to The Printer Spooler Service.
- Verify if it’s operating or has stopped.
- Just right-click the Printer Spooler service and click on the Restart option.
- Remove and Install Printer:
Users can uninstall the printer from windows 10 system and then reinstall it by following the steps that are provided.
- Click on Start and then open Windows Settings. Windows Settings application.
- Click on the Devices> Printers and Scanners.
- It will display a list of devices that are connected to your system.
- Click on the printer you want to remove and
- choose the option to remove it.
- Restart your computer.
Start the Settings.
- Click on Devices> Printers and Scanners.
- Click the Add Printer, Scanner or Printer button.
- Follow the instructions on screen for installing the printer in Windows 10.
- Check Printer driver Update
- Users can update their printer drivers through the Device Manager following the steps.
- Click the Start icon. Find and launch Windows Device Manager. Windows Device Manager. (or search for
- devmgmt. MSc into the run box, then press the enter)
- Expand the printers listed in the list of devices.
- Right-click your printer’s name.
- Choose the Update Driver option within the context menu.
- It takes only a couple of minutes make the necessary changes to printer drivers.
- Users must have an internet connection in order for updating printer drivers. Alternately, users can update
- their printer drivers by visiting the official site for the Printer Manufacturer.
Make sure Windows is updated:
It is also helpful to solve this Printer showing Offline error. It is recommended to update windows regularly OS to gain new features and update features. Below are some steps needed to update Windows 10 OS.
- Go to Start> Settings.
- Select Update and Security>> Windows Update option in Settings.
- Click the Check to see if there is an Update button located on the right-hand left.
How do I Fix Printers When It is not working on Mac?
Users who run the Mac operating system on their PC will be able to follow the steps to resolve the issue. printer is not online Mac.
Navigate to System Preferences-> Printers and Scanners.
Click” Open” to open the Print Queue. It will show all printing jobs that are awaiting approval from the queue for printing. Print Diagnostics for Mac OS Below are some steps you can take to troubleshoot your printer making use of The Printer Diagnostics function in Mac OS.
Select the Apple logo and then select System Preferences.
- Visit Printers and Scanners.
- Choose your printer from the available options.
- Click the Options and Supplies button in The Printer menu.
- Depending on the model of your printer You can access depending on your printer, you can find Printer
- Add and remove this Printer to:
These steps will assist users to uninstall and add the printer to Mac.
- Go to Apple icon -> System Preferences> Scanners and Printers.
- Click on the printer that requires removal.
- Click on”‘-‘” icon to delete it from the Mac.
- Open System Preferences> Printers and Scanners.
- Click the “+ option to include the printer.
- physically to Mac using a USB cable.
Windows option will display the printer connected to a Windows PC on the same network.
Start your app on the App Store.
- Choose Updates as an option.
- Click on Install all printer-related updates to your printer. Users require an reliable and active internet
- connection for the installation of the update.
- Restore the factory setting:
These steps differ for various models. You can consult the printer manufacturer’s site or the user manual for the specific instructions.