Joint pain can arise from any part or joint of the body. It mainly occurs in the shoulder, hands, feet, knees, and lower back. Joint pain is also known as “Arthralgia”. Mainly, joint pain occurs due to injury or illness. Also, the blood circulation gets down in winters and at lower temperatures, the muscles become tighter which can lead to pain. If you have pain or an infection in the Joint, you can book an appointment for treatment in the Orthopedic Hospital in Kota.
In this article, you will learn about tips to manage joint pain, causes of joint pain, and natural remedies for joint pain.
Tips to Get Rid of Joint Pain
1. KEEP MOVING:- It is essential to keep moving your body at the time of winter. You can do running and cycling to keep your body fit and strong.
2. AVOID WEIGHT GAIN:- Many factors can cause weight gain in winters. You can exercise regularly in small amounts so that the weight cannot affect your knees and other joints.
3. DRESS FOR COLD WEATHER:- When you are going out in the winter, then wear warm clothes. You will feel more relaxed, it will save you from cold and pain.
4. DRINK WATER:- Water is always essential, but it is more crucial to dring during winter. Keep in mind that drink three to four liters of water per day to stay active.
5. EAT A HEALTHY DIET:- A balanced diet is essential for the body, including fruits, grains, vegetables, to avoid illness, pain, aches in the winter.
6. Exercise Regularly:- Exercise such as walking, cycling, and other outdoor activities can help you to keep the joints flexible. It allows you to gain muscles that help to protect joints. Make sure you have to exercise regularly. It will keep you warm.
Causes of Joint Pain
1. Injury:- Injury is also the cause of joint pain. It can be due to high efforts put on the joint and from strain, fracture. Anyone can cause injury by doing an activity or work such as playing, driving, exercising in the gym, or other activities.
2. Viral Infection:- Infections such as hepatitis C virus (HCV) can cause joint pain. HCV is common for people who have rheumatic diseases, which can cause complications, including joint pain.
3. Disease:- The diseases that can cause pain in the joint include Lupus, an autoimmune disease that occurs when the immune system attacks its tissues and causes pain, swelling, inflammation, and organ damage.
4. Arthritis:- Arthritis is an illness that affects one or more joints. The symptoms of arthritis are swelling, pain, and stiffness.
Natural Remedies for Joint Pain
Olive oil can provide you relief for a long time from pain. You can take 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil, apply it to common areas, and massage it gently. You can massage the oil two to three times a day for better results.
Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce swelling, inflammation, and pain. What you can do is take 2-3 gingers, add 2 cups of water and put a cloth into it. Boil it for 15-20 minutes; after that, put that cloth on the pain area. It helps to decrease joint pain.
Epsom salt contains sulfate and magnesium that helps to reduce swelling, provide relief in pain. It also helps to remove the toxins from the body. You can add 3-4 tablespoons of salt into a bowl of warm water. Now, soak the painful area into it for 15-20 minutes. If you have more than one pain in your joints, you can bathe with warm water by adding Epsom salt. It will provide you relief from pain.
Fenugreek Seeds has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that help to diminish inflammation, swelling, and joint pain. What you do is take two to three tablespoons of fenugreek seeds, add some water into them and leave it for a night to soak them. After washing the seeds, you can blend the seeds, make the paste, and apply it to the joint area.
Garlic contains anti-inflammatory properties that remove pain and inflammation in the affected areas. You can take garlic oil and massage it on painful areas.
Green tea contains antioxidants that help to relieve pain caused by arthritis. Make green tea and drink two to three cups of it daily for good results.
Frankincense oil is used for pain relief. To relieve pain, you can use this oil on your joints and gently massage it in the common area twice a day.
Turmeric is potent in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help to relieve pain in the body. What you can do is take a cup of milk, add one tablespoon of turmeric powder, half a tablespoon of ginger powder, a pinch of black pepper, and mix them well. Now boil it for 5-10 minutes. After that, add one tablespoon of honey for taste and drink it to relieve the pain.
Joint pain occurs due to illness, diseases, injury, and infection. To avoid joint pain, you can do exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, drink 3-4 liters of warm water in cold weather and you can apply natural remedies such as turmeric, olive oil, garlic oil, etc. that will help you relieve pain or other joint problems.